ERASE SPIDER VEINS
Spider veins are the red, blue, and purple thread-like veins that have a branching pattern and sit near the surface of the skin, often resembling a spider’s web. Frequently found on the face, particularly on the nasal sidewalls, spider veins are progressive in nature and increase in both number and visibility with age. Laser vein treatments can clear away spider veins and smooth out your complexion once again.
HOW DOES SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL WORK?
Laser vein treatment is always done in the comfort of our office under local anesthesia and typically takes under an hour. The YAG laser uses a focused beam of light to target veins so that they will seal and fade. Over the next couple of weeks, the vessel will be reabsorbed by the body and disappear. The YAG laser allows delivery of a precise dosage of energy to efficiently remove unwanted spider veins without pain or affecting any nearby skin.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS
WILL I NEED?
The number of treatments needed to remove spider veins varies from person to person based on the size of the area or areas you’d like to have treated. However, the best results are seen in patients who commit fully to the treatment process. While some patients report seeing results after just one treatment session, most require two to six to achieve their desired results. There is no downtime after your spider vein treatment, and regular activity can be resumed immediately.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL?
1. Feel embarrassed by the branching veins visible on your thighs and lower legs
2. Avoid wearing shorts or swimming apparel because you don’t want anyone to see your spider veins
3. Daily use of makeup to camouflage the branching veins on your face
4. Maintain realistic expectations about vein removal
5. Remain committed to your treatment schedule until desired results have been achieved
6. Do not have a history of blood clot formation
WHAT AREAS CAN THE YAG LASER SYSTEM TREAT?
1. Face (spider veins often appear around the nose)
3. Lower legs
CONTACT DR. VILLANO